As fall approaches and the temperatures drop the risk of flu begins to increase. Officials are expecting more cases of the H1N1 virus and as the church we need to model precautions that keep people safe. The General Board of Discipleship has a list of precautions on its website that may be good to observe. Their website is www.gbod.org. The article is: “What to Do and Not to Do in Worship.” The president of the Council of Bishops reminds us to pray for healing for our brothers and sisters who battle the effect of the H1N1 virus and pray that God will extend his mighty hand to protect persons in its path. Let’s follow these precautions:
- If you are feeling sick (with flu-like symptoms) stay home from church.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Wash hands regularly and have hand cleaning pumps in every church and classroom.
- Those serving communion should wash their hands prior to serving the elements.
- Seek medical attention if you get the flu.
- Pray that the flu will not spread this year.