Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Holy Week Prayers


Grace and peace to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I am writing to say that I am holding our churches, pastors, and laity in prayer as we enter Holy Week.  May God use you to do the work of reconciliation and peace-making in this divided world.  Christ gave his life to reconcile us to God and he calls us to a ministry of reconciliation.  Join me in prayer for healing where people are divided.  In Jesus’ last prayer to us he said:  “I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me.  I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me.  I also want them to be one with us.” (John17:20-21)  May we strive to be one with Christ and those in the household of God.  It is truly a sign of the Resurrection power of God when we live in unity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment